Apparently I make good brownies.
I got to the office just after lunch today to be greeted with sad pouty faces, forlorn at the absence of the previous batch, and my failure to bring a fresh one.
You will need the following dependencies:
- 4 oz. margarine, (I use nuttelex)
- 1 block and 1 row of Lindt 85% chocolate, shattered (about 120g)
- 1 cup raw sugar (organic raw sugar seems to be finer grains)
- Very small pinch salt (or a half rotation on my rock salt grinder)
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buckwheat flour .
And finally, here’s the source code:
- Melt margarine and dissolve chocolate chunks into it until smooth (May require more heating).
- Add the sugar and salt and vanilla to the chocolate and margarine, and combine roughly.
- Making sure the mixture is not too warm, add the eggs.
- Slowly fold the flour in until the colour is consistent.
- Scrape the sticky mess into a shallow rectangular dish and bake at 180′C/350′F for 30-35 minutes.
- The brownies should be fudgy, not dry or cakey — do not overcook!
- Allow to cool properly, then slice into blocks.
- Apply to workplace for instant praise, or reserve for bribery.